Join Us!Theodore Presser Company is one of America's oldest and most prestigious music publishers serving the music community worldwide. Our catalog contains a large and diverse selection of music literature from the educational field to concert music. In addition we maintain an extensive rental library which makes available chamber, opera, ballet, and symphonic material of outstanding quality to professional and educational performing organizations. We are based in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
We strive to provide composers with the publishing expertise necessary to share their creativity with the world. Our close-knit team is a friendly group of musicians and non-musicians alike who all work great together, while continuing to keep the office atmosphere light, fun and encouraging. Lean and efficient, our Sales team works closely with all departments from marketing, production, editorial, accounting, operations, rentals, and licensing.This could be your chance.
If you’ve ever been interested in music or the publishing world, this role is your chance to work with people who are passionate about music and learn what it takes to handle music sales on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated self-starter to serve as sales administrator. The ideal candidate is intelligent, dynamic, and familiar with classical and/or educational music.
- Processing customer orders by entering them into business management software (MS Dynamics NAV)
- Digital asset and inventory maintenance and troubleshooting
- Working as liaison between Sales team and outside vendors
- Preparing and processing purchase orders for imported materials
- Various support functions for Sales team as needed
- Reports to Sales Manager
- BA/BS degree preferred, major/minor in music related fields a plus
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music is essential
- High attention to detail for data entry and order processing
- Exemplary time management skills
- Superior organization and follow up skills to ensure goals are met within defined deadlines
- Comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking and with learning new systems and processes
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Effective communication skills: active listening skills and a cheerful, friendly and courteous demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with databases/ERPs a plus
Compensation will depend on prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of full-time employment.
A little about our team.
We strive to provide composers with the publishing expertise necessary to share their creativity with the world. Our close-knit team is a friendly group of musicians and non-musicians alike who all work great together, while continuing to keep the office atmosphere light, fun and encouraging. Lean and efficient, our Royalty team works closely with all departments from sales, rentals, licensing, accounting, marketing and operations.
This could be your chance.
If you’ve ever been interested in music or the publishing world, this role is your chance to work with people who are passionate about music and learn what it takes to handle royalties on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter to serve as part time royalty coordinator. The royalty coordinator will work closely with the royalty manager to help ensure that all royalty payments are gathered, accounted for, and paid on time to our composers.
- Keep track of all incoming and outgoing royalties
- Run statements
- Pay royalty recipients in a timely manner
- Account for any incoming royalty payments in our accounting software
- Deposit any royalty checks in the bank
- Respond to emails and phone calls from composer
- Maintain organization of files
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Relevant experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize work with strong multi-tasking, organizational and project-management skills
- Ability to work well with managers and staff alike
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Background in accounting a plus but not required
- Knowledge of classical music or publishing a plus but not required
Theodore Presser Company and Carl Fischer Music are seeking a Performance Promotion Coordinator, who with some nurturing could assume a Manager position sometime in the foreseeable future. The primary role of the position is to raise awareness of the music from both companies’ concert-music catalogs by cultivating relationships with concert programmers. This is a full-time position based in the New York office.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Carl Fischer Music publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, the company is growing with a tight-knit team and a collaborative working environment.
- Promote concert music works to generate performances across channels such as Email, ISSUU, YouTube, Spotify and other social media
- Formulate and implement broad promotion strategies across all relevant channels
- Act as the point person for Composer Relations. Support Composers in providing the materials they need for meetings with concert programmers, conductors, performers and artistic administrators.
- Seek opportunities to establish and nurture collaborative relationships across all industry organizations
- Attend industry events and concerts to promote the catalog
- Assist in identifying and recruiting new composers
- Collaborate closely with Marketing team to manage all aspects of conventions, sale/event/collateral promotions, and print or web advertising for concert music catalogs
- Collaborate with interdepartmental teams to manage websites, web content, blurbs, composer information, PR and social media
- Collaborate with international partners
- Write and produce print and digital promotion materials
- Maintain recordings library and scores
- Establish and maintain annual departmental budget and goals for promotion activities
- Report directly to the EVP of Marketing
- 3 years related experience preferred – experience in the new music sector or promotional work with performers/ensembles a plus
- BA or MA degree, preferably in Arts Management or similar, Music or Communications
- Knowledge of classical music essential
- Established contacts in the classical music world in US and overseas a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work evenings to attend performances
- Experience with personnel and budget management
- Proven knowledge of online trends and experience in strategy development, reporting and analysis
- Familiarity with digital marketing, newsletters, social media, blogging, podcasting, and other cross channel marketing tactics
- Superb writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Enthusiastic, outgoing and confident communication style and excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with Canva and audio/visual software
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- Flexible, creative thinker
Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of employment.
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing Coordinator, a full time position based in New York City. This role will manage all Conventions and Events, State Lists, Reviewer programs, Marketing and Social Media across our various catalogs (Carl Fischer Music, Theodore Presser Co, BriLee Music).
Primary position responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the planning, logistics and execution of 6+ annual conventions plus various popup events with specific dealers and partners. Responsibilities include booking, venue sourcing and selection, product selection, booth layouts, coordinating materials for the booth and reading sessions, coordination with Editors, Sales, Production, Warehouse and Convention partners, detailed briefings for onsite teams, managing travel and accommodation requirements, budget management
- Writing or massaging blurbs for new publications
- Managing deadlines and submitting new publications to State Lists/Reading Sessions and Reviewer Press
- Handling complementary and composer order requests
- Preparing regular email newsletters to dealers, educators and musicians with information on new titles.
- Working with the Production department to create promotional materials
- Assisting in executing and maintaining traditional and social media marketing plan
- Creating social media assets and score videos for various platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Spotify, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Managing the recordings library, and the uploading of scores to ISSUU.
What we look for in the perfect candidate:
- Strong problem solving and project management skills, including the ability to juggle a myriad of priorities simultaneously. Must have a strong attention to detail and nerves of steel, you are not daunted by the odd curveball situation
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music is essential
- 2-3 years related experience – music or book publishing a plus, Marketing, Sales or Event Management experience a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and to attend performances in the evening, albeit occasionally and possibly interstate conventions.
- Excellent writing, copyediting, and proofreading skills
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in MS Excel and comfort with toggling between databases
- Familiarity with e-mail marketing, newsletters, Twitter, Facebook, blogging, podcasting, and programs such as Canva
- Knowledge of HTML a plus
- BA/BS degree
- BA or MA in Marketing, PR, or Communication a plus
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.