Join Us!Theodore Presser Company is one of America's oldest and most prestigious music publishers serving the music community worldwide. Our catalog contains a large and diverse selection of music literature from the educational field to concert music. In addition we maintain an extensive rental library which makes available chamber, opera, ballet, and symphonic material of outstanding quality to professional and educational performing organizations. We are based in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
We strive to provide composers with the publishing expertise necessary to share their creativity with the world. Our close-knit team is a friendly group of musicians and non-musicians alike who all work great together, while continuing to keep the office atmosphere light, fun and encouraging. Lean and efficient, our Sales team works closely with all departments from marketing, production, editorial, accounting, operations, rentals, and licensing.This could be your chance.
If you’ve ever been interested in music or the publishing world, this role is your chance to work with people who are passionate about music and learn what it takes to handle music sales on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated self-starter to serve as sales administrator. The ideal candidate is intelligent, dynamic, and familiar with classical and/or educational music.
- Processing customer orders by entering them into business management software (MS Dynamics NAV)
- Digital asset and inventory maintenance and troubleshooting
- Working as liaison between Sales team and outside vendors
- Preparing and processing purchase orders for imported materials
- Various support functions for Sales team as needed
- Reports to Sales Manager
- BA/BS degree preferred, major/minor in music related fields a plus
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music is essential
- High attention to detail for data entry and order processing
- Exemplary time management skills
- Superior organization and follow up skills to ensure goals are met within defined deadlines
- Comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking and with learning new systems and processes
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Effective communication skills: active listening skills and a cheerful, friendly and courteous demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with databases/ERPs a plus
Compensation will depend on prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of full-time employment.
A little about our team.
We strive to provide composers with the publishing expertise necessary to share their creativity with the world. Our close-knit team is a friendly group of musicians and non-musicians alike who all work great together, while continuing to keep the office atmosphere light, fun and encouraging. Lean and efficient, our Royalty team works closely with all departments from sales, rentals, licensing, accounting, marketing and operations.
This could be your chance.
If you’ve ever been interested in music or the publishing world, this role is your chance to work with people who are passionate about music and learn what it takes to handle royalties on a day-to-day basis. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter to serve as part time royalty coordinator. The royalty coordinator will work closely with the royalty manager to help ensure that all royalty payments are gathered, accounted for, and paid on time to our composers.
- Keep track of all incoming and outgoing royalties
- Run statements
- Pay royalty recipients in a timely manner
- Account for any incoming royalty payments in our accounting software
- Deposit any royalty checks in the bank
- Respond to emails and phone calls from composer
- Maintain organization of files
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Relevant experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize work with strong multi-tasking, organizational and project-management skills
- Ability to work well with managers and staff alike
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Background in accounting a plus but not required
- Knowledge of classical music or publishing a plus but not required
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.