Theodore Presser Company, is one of America's oldest and most prestigious music publishers serving the music community worldwide. Our catalog contains a large and diversified selection of music literaturefrom the educational field to concert music. In addition we maintain an extensive rental library which makes available chamber, opera, ballet, and symphonic material of outstanding quality to professional and educational performing organizations. We are based in Malvern, Pennsylvania.
A little about our team.
We strive to provide composers with the publishing expertise necessary to share their creativity with the world. Lean and efficient, our Accounting team works closely with all departments from sales, rentals, royalties, marketing and operations.
This could be your chance.
If you’ve ever been interested in music or the publishing world, this role is your chance to work with super smart people and learn what it takes to manage the back of house operations. We are looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, self-starter to serve as a full time Accounting Assistant.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with A/R collections and contacting customers on delinquent accounts
- Working with the sales team to resolve account issues
- Sending monthly statements
- Assembling daily cash and credit card receipts
- Entering invoices for accounts payable
- Data entry for incoming royalties
- Generating annual/quarterly royalty statements according to schedule
- Assisting in general administrative and accounting tasks
- Reports to accounting manager
- College degree preferred
- Ideally 2-3 years Accounting experience
- General knowledge of accounts payable and cash receipts applications
- Ability to multitask, set priorities and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- General knowledge about (classical) music and music publishing industry is a plus but not necessary
Full-time position offers an attractive benefits package, which includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short term disability and a 401-K plan as well as paid time off.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter including your salary requirements/history to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe your accounting and/or royalty experience (if any) and why you are interested in this role.