Theodore Presser is one of the country’s oldest classical music publishers. Located in King of Prussia, PA, the company maintains its own production, editorial, performance promotion and licensing & copyright departments as well as a full-service print shop and a distribution center housing 6 million copies of music. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Theodore Presser Company is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Theodore Presser publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, the company is still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Assisting with A/R collections and contacting customers on delinquent accounts
- Working with the sales team to resolve account issues
- Sending monthly statements
- Assembling daily cash and credit card receipts
- Entering invoices for accounts payable
- Data entry for incoming royalties
- Generating annual/quarterly royalty statements according to schedule
- Assisting in general administrative and accounting tasks
- Report to accounting manager
- College degree preferred
- Accounting experience
- General knowledge of accounts payable and cash receipts applications
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- General knowledge about (classical) music and music publishing industry is a plus but not necessary
Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Full-time position offers an attractive benefits package, which includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short term disability and a 401-K plan as well as paid time off.
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe your accounting and/or royalty experience (if any) and why you are interested in this job.
Order Filler and Book Assembler
Theodore Presser Company is seeking full-time and part-time Order Fillers and Book Assemblers to work in our warehouse and print shop. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in the country, representing many prestigious American composers, we are large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. Still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment, we are looking for motivated individuals with high energy and positive attitudes and also offer long-term growth opportunities for high performing individuals.
Our full-time hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. Part-time position is 15-25 hours a week with a flexible schedule. No prior work experience is required. We are located near the King of Prussia Mall, minutes from I-76, PA turnpike, 422 and 202 and right by a bus stop.
- Fulfilling customer orders – no heavy lifting required
- Assembling sheet music books
- Confirming correct products and quantities are received from outside vendors and recording products received into database
- Scanning and packing items for customer orders
- Counting inventory
- Making boxes for customer orders
- Shrink-wrapping assembled books
- Other warehousing and print-shop duties as necessary
- High School Diploma
- Basic math skills and number matching ability
- Basic computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of (classical) music a plus, but not required
Whether you are coming back into the workforce after a break, a student looking for a part-time job to accommodate your class schedule or an active musician looking to learn more about music publishing or earn some extra income, this position is great for anyone looking for stable, flexible work, full-time or part-time, in a non-stressful and friendly environment.
For full-time employees we offer generous benefits after three months as well as perks such as summer hours (extended hours Monday to Thursday to have every other Friday off), employee discounts for sheet music and bi-annual trips to New York for a summer picnic.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please specify whether you are looking for full-time or part-time work.
Theodore Presser Company is offering students or recent graduates the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work experience. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing industry.
We are seeking a general intern who is a recent graduate or a graduate student and has time to work 4-5 days per week on projects in various departments (production, promotion, customer service and accounting & royalty departments). This internship is not specifically for the duration of a single semester but supposed to be more long-term and is a paid internship ($7.25/hour). A successful internship may lead to a full-time position in the future if an opening becomes available.
In addition, we are always looking for students to intern during the school year (summer, fall and spring semesters). Interns may work as many hours as they wish, with a minimum of 15-20 hours a week. Summer internships can be up to full-time (20-40 hours a week) for a minimum of 6 weeks (dates are flexible). Interns will receive a stipend of $4.00 an hour. If applicable, this internship can also be used for college credit.
Successful candidates will be motivated and passionate about (classical) music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Word), possess excellent communication skills and the ability to learn new projects and procedures quickly. While candidates do not need to be a music student some tasks require the ability to read music notation.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in which you should refer to your background in/knowledge of music to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your availability during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:00). We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.