Theodore Presser is one of the country’s oldest classical music publishers. Located in King of Prussia, PA, the company maintains its own production, editorial, performance promotion and licensing & copyright departments as well as a full-service print shop and a distribution center housing 6 million copies of music. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Theodore Presser Company is seeking an Account Administrator to facilitate the sales and customer service of the company’s print music catalog for retailers. A music background is essential for this position. The primary function of this role is to manage existing accounts and serve their needs through regular communication, not to establish new accounts.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Theodore Presser publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, the company is still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Delivering optimal customer service through professionalism and product knowledge
- Being well-versed and educated on our own as well as distributed products and being able to present that information to retailers in formal and informal settings
- Attending industry trade shows and conventions
- Analyzing and reporting business results and trends
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music essential
- BA/BS degree, major/minor in music a plus
- 1-2 years related experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: active listening skills and a cheerful, friendly and courteous demeanor
- Extraordinary customer service commitment
- Planning, organization and implementation skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of employment.
To apply, send a current resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. Please refer to your background in/knowledge of music in your cover letter.
Order Filler and Book Assembler
Theodore Presser Company is seeking full-time Order Fillers and Book Assemblers to work in our warehouse and print shop. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in the country, representing many prestigious American composers, we are large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. Still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment, we are looking for motivated individuals with high energy and positive attitudes and also offer long-term growth opportunities for high performing individuals.
Our hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday. No prior work experience is required. We are located near the King of Prussia Mall, minutes from I-76, PA turnpike, 422 and 202 and right by a bus stop.
- Fulfilling customer orders – no heavy lifting required
- Assembling sheet music books
- Confirming correct products and quantities are received from outside vendors and recording products received into database
- Scanning and packing items for customer orders
- Counting inventory
- Making boxes for customer orders
- Shrink-wrapping assembled books
- Other warehousing and print-shop duties as necessary
- High School Diploma
- Basic math skills and number matching ability
- Basic computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of (classical) music a plus, but not required
Whether you are coming back into the workforce after a break or an active musician looking to learn more about music publishing or earn some extra income, this position is great for anyone looking for stable work in a non-stressful and friendly environment.
For full-time employees we offer generous benefits after three months as well as perks such as summer hours (extended hours Monday to Thursday to have every other Friday off), employee discounts for sheet music and bi-annual trips to New York for a summer picnic.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theodore Presser Company is offering students or recent graduates the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work experience. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing industry.
We are seeking a general intern who is a recent graduate or a graduate student and has time to work 4-5 days per week on projects in various departments (production, promotion, customer service and accounting & royalty departments). This internship is not specifically for the duration of a single semester but supposed to be more long-term and is a paid internship ($7.25/hour). A successful internship may lead to a full-time position in the future if an opening becomes available.
Successful candidates will be motivated and passionate about (classical) music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Word), possess excellent communication skills and the ability to learn new projects and procedures quickly. While candidates do not need to be a music student some tasks require the ability to read music notation.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in which you should refer to your background in/knowledge of music to email@example.com. Please also include your availability during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:00). We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.