Theodore Presser is one of the country’s oldest classical music publishers. Located in King of Prussia, PA, the company maintains its own production, editorial, performance promotion and licensing & copyright departments as well as a full-service print shop and a distribution center housing 6 million copies of music. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Theodore Presser Company is seeking an E-Commerce Coordinator to facilitate the order and billing logistics, data management, and customer service for the company’s print music catalog to E-Commerce vendors such as Amazon as well as its own website. A music and technology background is essential for this position. The primary function of this role is to ensure the catalog is well represented and serviced in the e-commerce area.
As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, Theodore Presser publishes educational and contemporary classical music. Large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference, we are still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment.
- Processing orders and monthly billing from e-commerce customers such as Amazon and Guitar Center
- Processing daily retail orders from company’s website
- Sending new product information as well as digital media such as covers and audio files to customers in e-commerce business
- Being well-versed and educated on our own publications as well as publications distributed by Carl Fischer Music
- Delivering excellent customer service through professionalism and product knowledge
- Assessing and improving workflow for inbound and outbound data transfer
- Creating reports to determine various trends in e-commerce customers
- Contributing to data quality improvement
- Knowledge of/background in classical and/or educational music essential
- 1-2 years related experience a plus
- Experience working with databases a plus
- BA/BS degree, major/minor in music a plus
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Commitment to extraordinary customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience with ERP software a plus
Compensation will depend upon prior experience. Excellent benefits package offered after 3 months of full-time employment.
To apply, send a current resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. Please refer to your background in/knowledge of music in your cover letter.
Theodore Presser Company is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant. Part-time with flexible hours would also be a possibility. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in America, the company is large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. We are still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment, and looking for a motivated individual to work in the Accounting department.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with A/R collections and contacting customers on delinquent accounts
- Working with the sales team to resolve account issues
- Sending monthly statements
- Assembling daily cash and credit card receipts
- Entering invoices for accounts payable
- Data entry for incoming royalties
- Generating annual/quarterly royalty statements according to schedule
- Assisting in general administrative and accounting tasks
- Reports to Accounting Manager
- College degree preferred
- Accounting experience a plus
- General knowledge of accounts payable and cash receipts applications a plus
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), phone skills are particularly important
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- Basic knowledge about (classical) music and music publishing industry a plus, but not required
Full-time position offers an attractive benefits package, which includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short term disability and a 401-K plan as well as paid time off.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please describe your accounting and/or royalty experience (if any) and whether you are looking for a full-time or part-time position.
Order Filler and Book Assembler
Theodore Presser Company is seeking full-time and part-time Order Fillers and Book Assemblers to work in our warehouse and print shop. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in the country, representing many prestigious American composers, we are large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. Still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment, we are looking for motivated individuals with high energy and positive attitudes and also offer long-term growth opportunities for high performing individuals.
Our regular hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and, with a flexible-hours option, you can start as early as 7:30 am or as late as 12 pm and still work full time. Part-time position is 15-25 hours a week with a flexible schedule. No prior work experience is required.
We are located near the King of Prussia Mall, minutes from I-76, PA turnpike, 422 and 202 and right by a bus stop.
- Fulfilling customer orders – no heavy lifting required
- Assembling sheet music books
- Confirming correct products and quantities are received from outside vendors and recording products received into database
- Scanning and packing items for customer orders
- Counting inventory
- Making boxes for customer orders
- Shrink-wrapping assembled books
- Other warehousing and print-shop duties as necessary
- High School Diploma
- Basic math skills and number matching ability
- Basic computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of (classical) music a plus, but not required
Whether you are coming back into the workforce after a break, a student looking for a part-time job early or late in the day to accommodate your class schedule or an active musician looking to learn more about music publishing or earn some extra income, this position is great for anyone looking for stable, flexible work, full-time or part-time, in a non-stressful and friendly environment. For full-time employees, we offer generous benefits after three months as well as perks such as summer hours (extended hours Monday to Thursday to have every other Friday off), employee discounts for sheet music and bi-annual trips to New York for a summer picnic.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Theodore Presser Company is offering students or recent graduates the opportunity to enhance their resume with real work experience. This is a great opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing industry.
We are seeking a general intern who is a recent graduate or a graduate student and has time to work 4-5 days per week on projects in various departments (production, promotion, customer service and accounting & royalty departments). This internship is not specifically for the duration of a single semester but supposed to be more long-term and is a paid internship ($7.25/hour). A successful internship may lead to a full-time position in the future if an opening becomes available.
Successful candidates will be motivated and passionate about (classical) music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel and Word), possess excellent communication skills and the ability to learn new projects and procedures quickly. While candidates do not need to be a music student some tasks require the ability to read music notation.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter in which you should refer to your background in/knowledge of music to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include your availability during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 9:00-5:00). We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.