Theodore Presser is one of the country’s oldest classical music publishers. Located in King of Prussia, PA, the company maintains its own production, editorial, performance promotion and licensing & copyright departments as well as a full-service print shop and a distribution center housing 6 million copies of music. We also assist many orchestras, ensembles and universities throughout the world with our music rental and custom print departments.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Order Filler and Book Assembler
Theodore Presser Company is seeking full-time and part-time Order Fillers and Book Assemblers to work in our warehouse and print shop. As one of the oldest music publishing companies in the country, representing many prestigious American composers, we are large enough to be a leader in the industry yet small enough for each employee to make a difference. Still growing with a tight-knit team and a pleasant working environment, we are looking for motivated individuals with high energy and positive attitudes and also offer long-term growth opportunities for high performing individuals.
Our regular hours are 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and, with a flexible-hours option, you can start as early as 7:30 am or as late as 12 pm and still work full time. Part-time position is 15-25 hours a week with a flexible schedule. No prior work experience is required.
We are located near the King of Prussia Mall, minutes from I-76, PA turnpike, 422 and 202 and right by a bus stop.
- Fulfilling customer orders – no heavy lifting required
- Assembling sheet music books
- Confirming correct products and quantities are received from outside vendors and recording products received into database
- Scanning and packing items for customer orders
- Counting inventory
- Making boxes for customer orders
- Shrink-wrapping assembled books
- Other warehousing and print-shop duties as necessary
- High School Diploma
- Basic math skills and number matching ability
- Basic computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to get along well with others in a team environment
- Good organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of (classical) music a plus, but not required
Whether you are coming back into the workforce after a break, a student looking for a part-time job early or late in the day to accommodate your class schedule or an active musician looking to learn more about music publishing or earn some extra income, this position is great for anyone looking for stable, flexible work, full-time or part-time, in a non-stressful and friendly environment. For full-time employees, we offer generous benefits after three months as well as perks such as summer hours (extended hours Monday to Thursday to have every other Friday off), employee discounts for sheet music and bi-annual trips to New York for a summer picnic.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Theodore Presser Company is seeking a Sales Administrator. The ideal candidate is intelligent, dynamic and familiarity with classical and/or educational music.
- Processing customer orders by entering them into business management software (MS Dynamics NAV)
- Digital asset and inventory maintenance and troubleshooting
- Work as liaison between Sales team and outside vendors
- Preparing and processing purchase orders for imported materials
- Various support functions for Sales team as needed
- Reports to Sales Manager
- BA/BS degree preferred, major/minor in music related fields a plus
- Knowledge/background in classical and/or educational music is essential
- High attention to detail for data entry and order processing
- Superior time-management skills
- Superior organization and follow up skills to ensure responsibilities and goals are met within defined deadlines
- Comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking and with learning new systems and processes
- Proactive and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Effective communication skills: active listening skills and a cheerful, friendly and courteous demeanor
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Familiarity with databases/ERPs a plus
To apply, please send resume and cover letter – in which you should refer to your knowledge of/background in music – to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theodore Presser Company is seeking a full-time Accounting Assistant. Part-time and flexible hour options are also available.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assisting with A/R collections and contacting customers on delinquent accounts
- Working with the sales team to resolve account issues
- Sending monthly statements
- Assembling daily cash and credit card receipts
- Entering invoices for accounts payable
- Data entry for incoming royalties
- Generating annual/quarterly royalty statements according to schedule
- Assisting in general administrative and accounting tasks
- Reports to accounting manager
- College degree preferred
- Accounting experience a plus
- General knowledge of accounts payable and cash receipts applications a plus
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and solve problems with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word)
- General knowledge about (classical) music and music publishing industry is a plus but not necessary
Full-time position offers an attractive benefits package, which includes health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, short term disability and a 401-K plan as well as paid time off.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please describe your accounting and/or royalty experience (if any) and why you are interested in this job.
Editor, Falls House Press
Falls House Press seeks a part-time editor to build its flute choir repertoire along with recital music and teaching resources.
- Review and solicit new publications consistent with the focus and strengths of the existing Falls House catalog.
- Work with composers, arrangers, and engravers through the editorial and production process.
- Work with sales and marketing departments to promote and sell new publications.
- Analyze and review sales of the catalog.
- Assist marketing and sales departments in promoting the catalog.
- Ability to evaluate the market potential of music through scores and/or recordings.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and complete projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience in composing, arranging, engraving, conducting, promotion, cover design, and graphics field is a plus.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theodore Presser Company is looking for summer interns.
We are offering students the opportunity to enhance their resumes with real work experience. This is a great opportunity for students looking to gain hands-on knowledge and experience in the music publishing world.
Internship opportunities will be available in the following departments:
- Performance Promotion
We are currently accepting applications for the summer 2016 semester. We offer flexible schedules to accommodate students. The interns will receive a stipend of $4.00 an hour.
The successful candidate will be a current undergraduate or graduate student who is passionate about music and the arts, experienced in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word and Excel), is detail-oriented and possesses excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people in a respectful and efficient manner. While candidates do not need to be a music student, some experience with music is helpful and some tasks require a basic knowledge of music.
To apply, please send a current resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Candidates responding to job postings must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States.